Will there be a scenario for TRACER?

Here is a question I recently received that could be of interest to others. And, it would be great to hear what others think should be pursued…

The question…

I wanted to reach out with a quick question on possible future LASSO simulations. I see they are available for SGP and CACTI, but are there plans for LASSO to be carried out for TRACER as well? If so, is there a tentative date for releasing those runs?

My response…

TRACER is an option for a future scenario, but it would be at least a couple years off until simulations would be available if they are selected. At this point, we are working on simulations for ENA. No decision has been made for what to do afterward. Examples of scenarios we are considering include TRACER, EPCAPE, BNF, or maybe something for the Arctic.

If you have ideas on how you would like to see a TRACER scenario designed, we would be interested to hear them. One aspect of TRACER is that it has science foci around aerosol and cloud, combined with a bit of a complicated met situation with the sea breeze. We are trying to figure out what a LASSO setup would look like that would benefit the most researchers. Which of the science foci would you want LASSO to design around? What type of model setup would work best for your research?